Football is more than just a game - at AC Hoylake we pride ourselves on not only developing your child’s technical footballing ability, but also their physical, tactical and social skills.
It will, we’re sure, even provide you both with some great memories too.
Our club is fully supportive of The FA’s RESPECT programme, that ensures children’s football can be enjoyed in a safe, positive environment - and an important part of this is YOUR role as a parent or carer, so please take a little time out to read, and observe, our parents/carers code of conduct.
PARENTS/CARERS & SPECTATORS CODE OF CONDUCT
- Remember that children play for FUN.
- It may be to you but WINNING isn’t everything to them
- Applaud EFFORT and good play as well as success
- NEVER criticise a young player for making a mistake – mistakes are part of learning
- ALWAYS respect the match officials’ decisions
- Encourage your child to respect the opposition, referee, match officials and their coach
- NEVER engage in, or tolerate, offensive insulting, or abusive language or behaviour
- Remain outside the field of play and behind the respect barrier
- Your child’s coach is a VOLUNTEER. Let them do their job and not confuse the players by telling them what to do
Please understand that if you do not follow the code then you may be requested by the club not to attend future games and training.
We understand that you want what you think is best for your child. However please consider this – the no.1 reason that players give up playing and coaches give up volunteering is parental over involvement.
Please allow your child to have fun and develop at AC Hoylake with minimal interference and respect your coach who is giving up their valuable free time.
Thank you and enjoy the football.
Updated 12:03 - 14 Sep 2018 by Paul Williams